Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2019, 08:34 AM   #101
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferus View Post
1 - Your company records are public. Cost between $5 and $20 to get a report. On the darkweb your personale taxreturns cost $50
2 - if you check the old scanner communities, your content is rarely scanne, because its not in de and.
3 - your partner(the one with the dispatch job now) told me
4 - where you live proves the above 3. Its a shithole and anyone can confirm it on Google maps
fuck you got it cheaper - i paid 29,95
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:59 AM   #102
JSWENSON
Confirmed User
 
JSWENSON's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
nothing to add on that.

on one site he thinks the tubes killed the market (what is definitely not the case), than he comes up with ideas to put all porn behind paywalls and give the complete market to the indian, chinese, turkisch and russians that give a shit on laws and finally he come up with the idea that an ameteur can pay other ameteurs to make professional work.

there is no word for his stupidy, ignorance and unprofessionality.
the only thing he is good for is: read his crap and do the opposite - at least you prevented one big error by doing it this way.
My favorite is that he used the paysite claims to reinforce his by then very old claims that affiliates take all the money for no work. So he got 100-200 signups per week but "shut down because 50% to affiliates was too much" and on content that was paid for decades prior.

And someone should remind him that 200 tracked signups in a week = piles of untracked signups due to no cookies, new devices used, type ins, branding, boosted search results and everything else that would cause sales to outpace referrals. Literally the reasons programs could pay so much for signups and he's oblivious to it or pretends to be.
JSWENSON is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #103
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 15,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWENSON View Post
My favorite is that he used the paysite claims to reinforce his by then very old claims that affiliates take all the money for no work. So he got 100-200 signups per week but "shut down because 50% to affiliates was too much" and on content that was paid for decades prior.

And someone should remind him that 200 tracked signups in a week = piles of untracked signups due to no cookies, new devices used, type ins, branding, boosted search results and everything else that would cause sales to outpace referrals. Literally the reasons programs could pay so much for signups and he's oblivious to it or pretends to be.
200 signups a week is around 30 a day. NO WAY Paul was doing 30 sales a day. As you point out, if he WAS doing 30 joins a day he would be making serious bank, which he is not and never has.

Maybe all these signups came from his 'magic join links' eh?
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Nerd Cash | Aggressive Dollars | Porn Showcase

Over 85 paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #104
Klen
The name you know
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Golem city
Posts: 28,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
fuck you got it cheaper - i paid 29,95
Lol did you really paid for report to see P.M. revenues
__________________
Contact : http://scr.im/addtrades For GFY administration queries - info at gfy.com

10/42
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #105
JSWENSON
Confirmed User
 
JSWENSON's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
200 signups a week is around 30 a day. NO WAY Paul was doing 30 sales a day. As you point out, if he WAS doing 30 joins a day he would be making serious bank, which he is not and never has.

Maybe all these signups came from his 'magic join links' eh?
He just made that number up, would be surprised if he got 2 joins counting his own test signup.
JSWENSON is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:21 PM   #106
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!
 
MaDalton's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cheque Republic
Posts: 37,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
fuck you got it cheaper - i paid 29,95
if you understand Czech - they are free
__________________

AmazingContent.com - providing only the best content and service since 2003
Amateur - exGirlfriend - Glamour - Reality - Gonzo - 4K
ICQ 319-146-475 - Skype madalton02826 - sales [at] amazingcontent [dot] com
MaDalton is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:39 PM   #107
GspotProductions
Natalie K
 
GspotProductions's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Spain
Posts: 15,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
If you think this is anything more than amateur you're delusional. My Astral Blue scenes were more professional than this. No decent audio, No decent lighting, no decent camera work, not even a camera on a tripod.

There are 1,000s of girls who can give "excellent blowjobs, handjobs, fucked more than 10 guys at parties & have always enjoyed sex". But fewer cameramen who know how to film it.
first, let´s get this straight, this clip above was showing, even in intense 40c with sun beating down, I can model professional.

We´ve had a studio in Bournemouth, lighting, mics, we hired it out to other producers and besides, if you had worked with me, you´d know i´m more than capable of shooting a few scenes for companies like Brazzers, all apart from waiting around, I do get bored, I prefer to get on with the sex, get the scene finished and go and enjoy my day
__________________
My official porn site NatalieK.xxx Porn surfer & webmaster blog Sign up to NatalieKash

Skype: gspotproductions - "Converting your traffic into income since 2005"
GspotProductions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:45 PM   #108
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlenTelaris View Post
Lol did you really paid for report to see P.M. revenues
well, i like to discuss on facts and not from "somebody told me"
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:48 PM   #109
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanG View Post
if you understand Czech - they are free
i prefered to pay the 29,95 instead of learning czech.

at least paul can now be proud that someone bought his records for a higher price than his content :-)
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:51 PM   #110
GspotProductions
Natalie K
 
GspotProductions's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Spain
Posts: 15,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
Don't even bother mate. You have to understand that, as a photographer and content producer, Paul is an enormous snob. Being British just adds to that feeling of natural superiority. I see it in ex-pats all the time here in Amsterdam. Being one, I can spot them and they are always the most arrogant gits in the pub. LOL

Paul dismisses anything he considers shit as 'content'. To him, if it's 'shit' then it's not really content, etc. He fancies himself an 'artist' deep down so anything that doesn't meet his hairy pre-1990's exploited under-nourished teens standards is unworthy of discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
So people telling me I'm broke, produced shit, couldn't sell should be allowed to carry on. The truth is you wouldn't be able to pick up sites with good content because they would be promoting themselves.

I will ignore your lies about my content because I would hate you to think I was an enormous snob and the most arrogant git in the pub.
PN is correct, you said that British women have nothing on the girls you were shooting, and this is why you were travelling...

and yet, I´d already said, you´d have probably made more of a business if you´d have not been up your ass trying to fly about to "scout" girls, and had just remained shooting British amateur and British porn wannabes, and possibly British professionals, true pornstars...

anyway, Both Gary & I appreciate you´ve been in the business for years and also think a lot of you for the dedication you have given to the business. It would be great for you to just sit back and think, maybe you could have been a little less arrogant and made it further.

Either way, you´ve done well, you´ll be one of the remembered for the adult biz
__________________
My official porn site NatalieK.xxx Porn surfer & webmaster blog Sign up to NatalieKash

Skype: gspotproductions - "Converting your traffic into income since 2005"
GspotProductions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:29 PM   #111
Ferus
Join Date: Feb 2001
 
Ferus's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanG View Post
if you understand Czech - they are free
Also the old ones? I could only get like the last 5 for free (thank to google trade)
__________________
#teamtrees
1 tree = $1
TeamTrees.org - Help us plant 20 million trees around the globe by January 1st, 2020.
Ferus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #112
JSWENSON
Confirmed User
 
JSWENSON's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,366
Anyone remember the old PM bullshit of asking this question in 10,000 ways...

"What's more important, content or traffic?"

Then arguing with anyone that said traffic. Still got my traffic and still making money, how bout you guys?
JSWENSON is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:35 PM   #113
King Mark
King Dingaling
 
King Mark's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 7,945
Damn Paul...

__________________
💰 https://OnlyFans.com
King Mark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #114
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWENSON View Post
My favorite is that he used the paysite claims to reinforce his by then very old claims that affiliates take all the money for no work. So he got 100-200 signups per week but "shut down because 50% to affiliates was too much" and on content that was paid for decades prior.

And someone should remind him that 200 tracked signups in a week = piles of untracked signups due to no cookies, new devices used, type ins, branding, boosted search results and everything else that would cause sales to outpace referrals. Literally the reasons programs could pay so much for signups and he's oblivious to it or pretends to be.

well - that´s around 80 k per month, after aprox. 2 years in revenue if the site costs 30 dollar per month. with 30 signups per day and an average of 25% signoff-quote (or holding time 4 month) the maximum number of members can be around 2.700.
if you calculate here 50% affiliates 25% server and payment an owner should live quite good - especially when he does not have content costs.

but IF he have to buy the content for the price paul thinks to be fair - he will not make a cent.

so IF affiliate programm paul buys content from content producer paul, affiliate paul can not make money so it does not make sense to keep the affiliate programm running.
but if content producer paul can not sell his content to affiliate paul he need to find another affiliate programm that is willing to spend ALL their profit to buy content from paul on a fair price.

what a wonderful world where only paul makes money.
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #115
Klen
The name you know
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Golem city
Posts: 28,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
i prefered to pay the 29,95 instead of learning czech.

at least paul can now be proud that someone bought his records for a higher price than his content :-)
Well if you have too much money.. hit me on skype i have some things to sell
__________________
Contact : http://scr.im/addtrades For GFY administration queries - info at gfy.com

10/42
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #116
Klen
The name you know
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Golem city
Posts: 28,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWENSON View Post
Anyone remember the old PM bullshit of asking this question in 10,000 ways...

"What's more important, content or traffic?"

Then arguing with anyone that said traffic. Still got my traffic and still making money, how bout you guys?
Well, he was partially right, as better content does make more money. However, key difference between owning content and owning traffic, is how when you have traffic you just need to sell it to ad network and you will make money no matter what, while with content is not the same case.
__________________
Contact : http://scr.im/addtrades For GFY administration queries - info at gfy.com

10/42
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:59 PM   #117
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWENSON View Post
Anyone remember the old PM bullshit of asking this question in 10,000 ways...

"What's more important, content or traffic?"

Then arguing with anyone that said traffic. Still got my traffic and still making money, how bout you guys?
THIS !!!!

I remember the time when google came up and everybody thought they are stupid to give free service and free traffic.

imagine what would google be today with paul as manager.
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:05 PM   #118
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!
 
MaDalton's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cheque Republic
Posts: 37,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferus View Post
Also the old ones? I could only get like the last 5 for free (thank to google trade)
I won't post the links in public

and i have said it before: Paul gave me some good tips in 2003 when we really had no clue and for that I am grateful

then again he should have used his legacy to educate the next generation on things he knows - not things he clearly does not know.

But for some reason he insists that he has some kind of universal knowledge about the porn industry while about everyone else knows he's wrong about a lot.
__________________

AmazingContent.com - providing only the best content and service since 2003
Amateur - exGirlfriend - Glamour - Reality - Gonzo - 4K
ICQ 319-146-475 - Skype madalton02826 - sales [at] amazingcontent [dot] com
MaDalton is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:07 PM   #119
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlenTelaris View Post
Well, he was partially right, as better content does make more money. However, key difference between owning content and owning traffic, is how when you have traffic you just need to sell it to ad network and you will make money no matter what, while with content is not the same case.
you can use traffic to sell everything - the content just have to attract the user.

look on this site

https://weather.com/

and tell me if you find just one advertisement that have ANYTHING to do with weather.

and well content....hmmmm...does also not make much sense because i doubt that people go to a the weather side that show the best weather always.
usability is here the goal.

btw. did you know that weather data are copyright protected ?

so why do they buy it and not sell it to their users ???

paul would !
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:12 PM   #120
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlenTelaris View Post
Well if you have too much money.. hit me on skype i have some things to sell
sorry - regarding to paul this have been my last 29,95 :-)
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:36 PM   #121
pimpmaster9000
Too lazy to set a custom title
 
pimpmaster9000's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 18,021
Its amazing that he made money at all with his shooter skills LOL
__________________
Report a suspicious cracker: Click Here
pimpmaster9000 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #122
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot
 
Rochard's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 51,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWENSON View Post
Anyone remember the old PM bullshit of asking this question in 10,000 ways...

"What's more important, content or traffic?"

Then arguing with anyone that said traffic. Still got my traffic and still making money, how bout you guys?
I argued it was traffic. If you have traffic you can sell anything....

However, these days it's all changed. It's about information. A click is a click, and it's only worth one click. An email address is... Countless amounts of clicks. If I get your email address, I can send you email every day until the cows come home.

At YNOT Mail we have a lot of large customers and it's amazing what they do. They can segment things out so that they know exactly what you like.... They track what you opened, and what you clicked through on... You might have signed up to a list for lesbians but surprise you clicked on a link for gay men so maybe there is something you didn't want to tell us, so now you are on a list for gay porn. Or maybe you signed up for a Republican email list but you keep clicking on Democrat stuff so they will send you that from now on.
__________________
YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Richard Buss | Skype: rochardbuss

YNOT Mail Facebook Page
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:38 PM   #123
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I argued it was traffic. If you have traffic you can sell anything....

However, these days it's all changed. It's about information. A click is a click, and it's only worth one click. An email address is... Countless amounts of clicks. If I get your email address, I can send you email every day until the cows come home.
correct - but to get on this emailadress it starts with ..... A CLICK

Quote:
At YNOT Mail we have a lot of large customers and it's amazing what they do. They can segment things out so that they know exactly what you like.... They track what you opened, and what you clicked through on... You might have signed up to a list for lesbians but surprise you clicked on a link for gay men so maybe there is something you didn't want to tell us, so now you are on a list for gay porn. Or maybe you signed up for a Republican email list but you keep clicking on Democrat stuff so they will send you that from now on.
correct but not new
emailmarketing was always a great tool if you understand it.

and yes the new generation of marketers indeed knows the value of this emailadress
in the meantime. when they sell a product or get a signup it is the emailadress, the phonenumer or the whatsapp contact that makes ist so valuable.

but this is something that paul can not adapt because he do not even understand it.
he does not even know the difference between CPM and CPC and he thinks that an adimpression is a visit and if you ask him what eCPA is he will possibly tell you it is a new political party and ROI is the brother of Siegfried.
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:50 PM   #124
Nitzer Ebb
Confirmed User
 
Nitzer Ebb's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Stjørdal, Norge
Posts: 641
Based on what has been posted here before, Paul never paid more than $20 to his Czech models. $500 is probably his annual spending on photoshoots.
__________________
Nitzer Ebb is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:46 AM   #125
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 52,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
200 signups a week is around 30 a day. NO WAY Paul was doing 30 sales a day. As you point out, if he WAS doing 30 joins a day he would be making serious bank, which he is not and never has.

Maybe all these signups came from his 'magic join links' eh?
Again another idiot who claims to know my turnover. 30 sign ups a day is only profitable if the content is free and little work is done. Sharing it with affiliates brings the profit margin down.

Still it's good to know what you think is serious bank.
Paul Markham is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:47 AM   #126
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 52,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by GspotProductions View Post
first, let´s get this straight, this clip above was showing, even in intense 40c with sun beating down, I can model professional.

We´ve had a studio in Bournemouth, lighting, mics, we hired it out to other producers and besides, if you had worked with me, you´d know i´m more than capable of shooting a few scenes for companies like Brazzers, all apart from waiting around, I do get bored, I prefer to get on with the sex, get the scene finished and go and enjoy my day
Then show us content of you worthy of being on Brazzers. Then we will believe you.
Paul Markham is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:50 AM   #127
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 52,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by GspotProductions View Post
PN is correct, you said that British women have nothing on the girls you were shooting, and this is why you were travelling...

and yet, I´d already said, you´d have probably made more of a business if you´d have not been up your ass trying to fly about to "scout" girls, and had just remained shooting British amateur and British porn wannabes, and possibly British professionals, true pornstars...

anyway, Both Gary & I appreciate you´ve been in the business for years and also think a lot of you for the dedication you have given to the business. It would be great for you to just sit back and think, maybe you could have been a little less arrogant and made it further.

Either way, you´ve done well, you´ll be one of the remembered for the adult biz
We shot for magazines, they wanted attractive girls, teens and new faces. Which is why so many other shooters came here. You talk as if I was doing something different, I was merely following the trend.
Paul Markham is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:57 AM   #128
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 52,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlenTelaris View Post
Well, he was partially right, as better content does make more money. However, key difference between owning content and owning traffic, is how when you have traffic you just need to sell it to ad network and you will make money no matter what, while with content is not the same case.
No the major difference between owning good content is the cost of production and skills it takes to create.

You can get traffic with less skills working from home. Don't say it's difficult as most here think I could have adapted. Very few can shoot good content.

Also you're at the mercy of what a sponsor gives you or the cheap crap you have to buy in. Plus pages of text generate little to pages of great content, also few conversions come from pages of text.

No one own traffic, it's surfers you have to convince to click on a link, go to a join page and buy a membership. That's not owning.
Paul Markham is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:06 AM   #129
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 52,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanG View Post
I won't post the links in public

and i have said it before: Paul gave me some good tips in 2003 when we really had no clue and for that I am grateful

then again he should have used his legacy to educate the next generation on things he knows - not things he clearly does not know.

But for some reason he insists that he has some kind of universal knowledge about the porn industry while about everyone else knows he's wrong about a lot.
We worked for magazines as our primary business they were as good as dead when we retired.

If I had to work we would have shot something to the level Perfect Gonzo and others were shooting. Girls fucking themselves with large dildos vaginal and anal. Mostly boy/girl and lesbian. Whether we had opened a paysite or sold it via the stores or exclusive would be a hard decision because Tubes were starting to hurt so many.

What am I wrong about? Programming, webmastering most certainly not my field and I never comment in those threads. Porn is something I've worked in for decades, you learn a lot in that time.
Paul Markham is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:15 AM   #130
Ferus
Join Date: Feb 2001
 
Ferus's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post

If I had to work we would have shot something to the level Perfect Gonzo and others were shooting.

You are out of your mind... you dont even have 30% of the skills needed for that.. not to mention none of your models had skills/looks to match. And then there is the preprod/prod work... even the makeup would be out of your league
__________________
#teamtrees
1 tree = $1
TeamTrees.org - Help us plant 20 million trees around the globe by January 1st, 2020.
Ferus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:16 AM   #131
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 52,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I argued it was traffic. If you have traffic you can sell anything....

However, these days it's all changed. It's about information. A click is a click, and it's only worth one click. An email address is... Countless amounts of clicks. If I get your email address, I can send you email every day until the cows come home.

At YNOT Mail we have a lot of large customers and it's amazing what they do. They can segment things out so that they know exactly what you like.... They track what you opened, and what you clicked through on... You might have signed up to a list for lesbians but surprise you clicked on a link for gay men so maybe there is something you didn't want to tell us, so now you are on a list for gay porn. Or maybe you signed up for a Republican email list but you keep clicking on Democrat stuff so they will send you that from now on.
If you have traffic, which you get by using text, webmaster techniques, emails. Then without content it clicks away, without good content it's not interested on clicking a link to a tour and without a good tour you'll sell nothing.

Countless clicks aren't making any money unless there is content to convert it into visits then buys.

What's the conversion ratio on emails? 0-100,000. Conversions come with content, the better the content the more conversions and getting good content is the hard part, costs, skills, experience.

Why people still debate this in the time of Tubes shows they haven't adapted, still stuck in the times pre 2000; Tubes only get 1 billion a day because they have content.
Paul Markham is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:19 AM   #132
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 52,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roald View Post
So did we figure out yet how we should have adapted?
They seem to be saying I should have becomes a webmaster, given up what I knew and enjoyed because being a self employed webmaster would make more money.

Because they talk as if every webmaster was making a fortune.
Paul Markham is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:21 AM   #133
JSWENSON
Confirmed User
 
JSWENSON's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,366
There it is. He doesn't comment on anything but photography then tells you how unimportant traffic is without good content (presumption being his is good).

Doesn't make a fuck Paul, if I can get the clicks I can find good content to send it to. Odds are, I got the clicks from good content in the first place.

As for your cost of opening a porn site, some guy on here has his entire content package listed on Dropbox for a few hundred bucks and thinks it's some of the best around. Maybe start your paysite with that and just pay a couple of students to send the millions of targeted clicks that 20 mid tier webmasters could send.
JSWENSON is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:12 AM   #134
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
We worked for magazines as our primary business they were as good as dead when we retired.
and you really think that the tubes have killed the magazines?
the mags start to sie when internet came up already.

Quote:
If I had to work we would have shot something to the level Perfect Gonzo and others were shooting. Girls fucking themselves with large dildos vaginal and anal. Mostly boy/girl and lesbian. Whether we had opened a paysite or sold it via the stores or exclusive would be a hard decision because Tubes were starting to hurt so many.
and why the fuck you are always referring to met-art?
do they do such content ? NO ! the NEVER did

Quote:
What am I wrong about? Programming, webmastering most certainly not my field and I never comment in those threads. Porn is something I've worked in for decades, you learn a lot in that time.
you made a decent life before the internet. not a good life.
you never learned how internet is working - not from the tech side and not from the marketing side.

when internet came up you was already fucked with what you know (as you confirmed here in your first sentence). but you were lucky enough that at that time hardly anyone produced anything themselves and even the licensees of the big labels refused to sell to the internet. that's what kept you afloat for a few years, but that's all.

today millions of people can do what you can do and most of them can do it even better, cheaper, smarter, and more imaginative.

tell me a law of nature that will protect you from drowning in such an environment.

you were a one-eyed one among the blind and as the sighted became more and more you were the one-eyed one among the sighted.

if you only have one eye, the question how to adapt the 2nd eye is not worth asking. one eye does not grow by itself - just as little as missing brain mass grows back.
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:45 AM   #135
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!
 
MaDalton's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cheque Republic
Posts: 37,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
We worked for magazines as our primary business they were as good as dead when we retired.

If I had to work we would have shot something to the level Perfect Gonzo and others were shooting. Girls fucking themselves with large dildos vaginal and anal. Mostly boy/girl and lesbian. Whether we had opened a paysite or sold it via the stores or exclusive would be a hard decision because Tubes were starting to hurt so many.

What am I wrong about? Programming, webmastering most certainly not my field and I never comment in those threads. Porn is something I've worked in for decades, you learn a lot in that time.
see - the thing is, and I always openly admitted that, we tried the whole B2C thing and failed miserably.

We did DVD production, we tried websites - actually our sites are still online and now that they are managed by someone else, they make some extra money on the side: CzechSuperStars.com - Passsite

But what I also know, is that on the B2B production side we did pretty well for more than a decade.

And because of that I was able to leave the porn business and have the funds to invest in a totally new and different business.

Because I wanted to but also because I know that the business is fundamentally changing from the old structure of people like us producing something which is then consumed by many to performers taking their business into their own hands.

Also because many of them realized that being paid peanuts for a handful of scenes which then go all over the place and ruin their lifes is not the way to go anymore.

What you fail to acknowledge, but what everyone else understands, is that just because people like you or me are in decline, it does not mean that the whole industry is shrinking. Because it isn't.

And no, you could not have done what Perfect Gonzo did, neither could we.
__________________

AmazingContent.com - providing only the best content and service since 2003
Amateur - exGirlfriend - Glamour - Reality - Gonzo - 4K
ICQ 319-146-475 - Skype madalton02826 - sales [at] amazingcontent [dot] com
MaDalton is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:57 AM   #136
Ferus
Join Date: Feb 2001
 
Ferus's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,072
Paul; how many have have bought your "blowout deal" 2-4-10?
__________________
#teamtrees
1 tree = $1
TeamTrees.org - Help us plant 20 million trees around the globe by January 1st, 2020.
Ferus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:37 AM   #137
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 52,019
The only reason 100,00s of millions surf porn every day is content. So no content no traffic. The only reason they stay is content. They don't click a link, see a tour, join is content. No content no money.

The better the content the more traffic and money a site will get, from self generated and affiliates.

Because affiliates get given the content, doesn't mean it didn't cost someone money to create. The argument that some can make money from using shit content shows what's wrong with the industry and people going for the fast buck. Turning off future buys.

The argument 30 joins a day is serious bank is stupid. It costs more than 30 joins a day to create good content on a continuous scale.

There are many more reasons content is king but I've given up trying to persuade people who will only work as affiliates for sponsors who give them content, have good content to convert people and spend a lot on content to retain them.
Paul Markham is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:48 AM   #138
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
The only reason 100,00s of millions surf porn every day is content. So no content no traffic. The only reason they stay is content. They don't click a link, see a tour, join is content. No content no money.
you are an idiot - do you think that 100s of million are searching for porn?

Quote:
The better the content the more traffic and money a site will get, from self generated and affiliates.

Because affiliates get given the content, doesn't mean it didn't cost someone money to create. The argument that some can make money from using shit content shows what's wrong with the industry and people going for the fast buck. Turning off future buys.

The argument 30 joins a day is serious bank is stupid. It costs more than 30 joins a day to create good content on a continuous scale.
30 signups per day would mean that your revenues is around 5 times higher as the revenue you ever had.

Quote:
There are many more reasons content is king but I've given up trying to persuade people who will only work as affiliates for sponsors who give them content, have good content to convert people and spend a lot on content to retain them.
you are a dumb and you talk about things that you don´t understand so better shut up, old moron.
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:57 AM   #139
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 15,978
Do you want to know the secret to selling content via a paysite? Here it is, take notes (Paul):

Tell an interesting story.

That's IT. Does not matter if the content is amateur, pro, 4k, SD, total shit or brilliant. The STORY of the content/site is what contextualizes the content and thus sells it.

Next.
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Nerd Cash | Aggressive Dollars | Porn Showcase

Over 85 paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:58 AM   #140
JSWENSON
Confirmed User
 
JSWENSON's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
The only reason 100,00s of millions surf porn every day is content. So no content no traffic. The only reason they stay is content. They don't click a link, see a tour, join is content. No content no money.

The better the content the more traffic and money a site will get, from self generated and affiliates.

Because affiliates get given the content, doesn't mean it didn't cost someone money to create. The argument that some can make money from using shit content shows what's wrong with the industry and people going for the fast buck. Turning off future buys.

The argument 30 joins a day is serious bank is stupid. It costs more than 30 joins a day to create good content on a continuous scale.

There are many more reasons content is king but I've given up trying to persuade people who will only work as affiliates for sponsors who give them content, have good content to convert people and spend a lot on content to retain them.
It's hard to be an idiot in 17 ways in a single comment but you manage to pull it off every time.

If I sent a million people looking for porn to weight loss pills, get rich quick schemes or t-shirts I would make some money. If you published 1 million of the best images and videos ever seen on your personal blog you'd make fuck all.

When I got into this business in 2001 I posted 5 or 6 paragraph pages with 10 links to ifriends and used a SINGLE 600x800 image of my clothed wife. It promoted ifriends the site, the idea, the concept of girls getting naked on camera. I made $900 in 3 days and the following weeks check was $5,200. I didn't get to GFY until years later but even then I ran into several others that promoted the same things in very freakishly similar ways. A lot of this was due to my sites being linked from clickcash as a top affiliate and being copied 1000 times. Over the years revshare was added, other sites came and went and we cashed in for nearly 20 years now.

Most of those years you were somewhere crying and blabbing on about how my traffic meant shit compared to your magnificent content. You put a paysite up to prove that your magnificent content was the key. You made the claims of hiring idiots to manage your traffic (the easy part) back when you put the piece of shit website filled with turd content that was a decade out of style AND YOU FAILED. Meanwhile I still control large chunks of traffic that have made me money in a plethora of ways for years on end as do many here. Even shit sites that were put up on a whim in 2010 make hundreds to thousands per month hands free. Your content sits in a Dropbox waiting on some sucker that doesn't know it's 1980's style, propped out bullshit to buy it.

At some point in all these discussions you should have adapted your thinking. This thread alone has enough information for you to swallow your pride and admit you didn't and don't know what in the fuck you are doing. I can right now go put up a website using hotlinked content available on reddit to cross promote webcams and make more money a month than you sell in shit you say costs you tens of thousands or more to create. Zero long time webmasters here would be impressed by that because THEY CAN TOO.

It is you. It has always been you. Nobody would care that it's you if not for your smug ass attitude telling all of US that we are wrong and you are right. You aren't right, you were never right and you act like you are teaching us a lesson. Old man, get the fuck off of our lawn.
JSWENSON is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #141
CurrentlySober
Full of shit...
 
CurrentlySober's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: A Public Bathroom
Posts: 31,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWENSON View Post
website filled with turd content...
__________________
CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #142
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWENSON View Post
It's hard to be an idiot in 17 ways in a single comment but you manage to pull it off every time.

If I sent a million people looking for porn to weight loss pills, get rich quick schemes or t-shirts I would make some money. If you published 1 million of the best images and videos ever seen on your personal blog you'd make fuck all.

When I got into this business in 2001 I posted 5 or 6 paragraph pages with 10 links to ifriends and used a SINGLE 600x800 image of my clothed wife. It promoted ifriends the site, the idea, the concept of girls getting naked on camera. I made $900 in 3 days and the following weeks check was $5,200. I didn't get to GFY until years later but even then I ran into several others that promoted the same things in very freakishly similar ways. A lot of this was due to my sites being linked from clickcash as a top affiliate and being copied 1000 times. Over the years revshare was added, other sites came and went and we cashed in for nearly 20 years now.

Most of those years you were somewhere crying and blabbing on about how my traffic meant shit compared to your magnificent content. You put a paysite up to prove that your magnificent content was the key. You made the claims of hiring idiots to manage your traffic (the easy part) back when you put the piece of shit website filled with turd content that was a decade out of style AND YOU FAILED. Meanwhile I still control large chunks of traffic that have made me money in a plethora of ways for years on end as do many here. Even shit sites that were put up on a whim in 2010 make hundreds to thousands per month hands free. Your content sits in a Dropbox waiting on some sucker that doesn't know it's 1980's style, propped out bullshit to buy it.

At some point in all these discussions you should have adapted your thinking. This thread alone has enough information for you to swallow your pride and admit you didn't and don't know what in the fuck you are doing. I can right now go put up a website using hotlinked content available on reddit to cross promote webcams and make more money a month than you sell in shit you say costs you tens of thousands or more to create. Zero long time webmasters here would be impressed by that because THEY CAN TOO.

It is you. It has always been you. Nobody would care that it's you if not for your smug ass attitude telling all of US that we are wrong and you are right. You aren't right, you were never right and you act like you are teaching us a lesson. Old man, get the fuck off of our lawn.
paul is like the man who spent his whole life drinking vinegar because he was told it was wine. he NEVER made anything in the near of someone that understand this biz - not even in his best times.

now that he can't even buy vinegar anymore, he wants to tell those who drink wine that it's not wine at all.

i have never seen anyone in our biz who is so unerringly wrong with every statement like paul. that with this talent he could afford the doghouse in which he lives is almost a miracle. he should be grateful to the fate that he could live a little better than the average despite his non-existent qualities.
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:44 PM   #143
Ferus
Join Date: Feb 2001
 
Ferus's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
that with this talent he could afford the doghouse in which he lives is almost a miracle. he should be grateful to the fate that he could live a little better than the average despite his non-existent qualities.

Who said Paul pay the rent and food...?
__________________
#teamtrees
1 tree = $1
TeamTrees.org - Help us plant 20 million trees around the globe by January 1st, 2020.
Ferus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 04:14 PM   #144
ANAL PASTE
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 844
Poor Paul reminds of the main character from the movie "The Mule".
ANAL PASTE is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:55 AM   #145
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 52,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanG View Post
see - the thing is, and I always openly admitted that, we tried the whole B2C thing and failed miserably.

We did DVD production, we tried websites - actually our sites are still online and now that they are managed by someone else, they make some extra money on the side: CzechSuperStars.com - Passsite

But what I also know, is that on the B2B production side we did pretty well for more than a decade.

And because of that I was able to leave the porn business and have the funds to invest in a totally new and different business.

Because I wanted to but also because I know that the business is fundamentally changing from the old structure of people like us producing something which is then consumed by many to performers taking their business into their own hands.

Also because many of them realized that being paid peanuts for a handful of scenes which then go all over the place and ruin their lifes is not the way to go anymore.

What you fail to acknowledge, but what everyone else understands, is that just because people like you or me are in decline, it does not mean that the whole industry is shrinking. Because it isn't.

And no, you could not have done what Perfect Gonzo did, neither could we.
So you did pretty well B2B but we didn't even thought we sold to a much better paying side of B2B!!!

Good site. If we had found someone to handle the webmaster side of the business we would have done a paysite ourselves with content not sold in the content stores. Similar to yours but with teen girls who weren't working for others.

What was it that Perfect Gonzo did that we couldn't? Make harder content, use a different "White" balance, film more intense? No problem and we put together a few quotes for people for people who asked us to, they didn't want to pay for the costs.

As for the industry growing or shrinking, what do you base that on?

Yes models are producing their own content, but that could prove that people like you and I can no afford to give them work because fewer paysites can't afford to produce content. Even if the owner shoots for himself so models have to work for themselves, promote themselves to get the work. How many models make $2,000 a week now?
Paul Markham is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:15 AM   #146
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 52,019
Back in the pre tubes are was it better to buy traffic by buying spots on TGPs and banners or was it better to rely on affiliate traffic?

Of course the answer is about the content, whether enough people will visit and buy from a paid for spot or whether it was better to rely on others and pay after the money is taken.

There was a site shot here by Americans who came regular and shot non-stop for weeks. Mostly solo girl and very large dildos and other objects. They bought a lot of spots.

This doesn't mean no affiliates but selecting affiliates and making sure only the best were promoting you.
Paul Markham is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:45 AM   #147
Ferus
Join Date: Feb 2001
 
Ferus's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post

What was it that Perfect Gonzo did that I couldn't?
All those things we have been saying for the last few years; including but not limited to a hard working staff with specialists in their individual area of expertise, including people that know how to direct models, proper light, makeup, design a enticing story to the set, quality post production, run a affiliate site, generate traffic and partner up with valuable affiliates.

Top it of with financial assets to build and scale the operation, and knowledge to steer the business in the right direction before the major shifts occur.
__________________
#teamtrees
1 tree = $1
TeamTrees.org - Help us plant 20 million trees around the globe by January 1st, 2020.
Ferus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:02 AM   #148
Ferus
Join Date: Feb 2001
 
Ferus's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,072
On top of that, you never understood branding. You keep referring to the models as "your content" as they were hardware assets. You always wanted it to be about YOU. Look at the names - do you see the difference?
"Paul Markham Teens" vs. "Perfect Gonzo"
"Paul Markham Teens" vs. "Amateur Girls Unleashed"
"Paul Markham Teens" vs. "Casting Couch X"
"Paul Markham Teens" vs. "Fake Taxi"


Get the picture yet?

Who the hell want to start their jerk-session with that name in mind?

Do you understand the concept of "customer centric experience"? You need to put the customer first every time. The customers are your surfers, your models, your partners, your affiliates... never make it about yourself.
__________________
#teamtrees
1 tree = $1
TeamTrees.org - Help us plant 20 million trees around the globe by January 1st, 2020.
Ferus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:13 AM   #149
GspotProductions
Natalie K
 
GspotProductions's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Spain
Posts: 15,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferus View Post
On top of that, you never understood branding. You keep referring to the models as "your content" as they were hardware assets. You always wanted it to be about YOU. Look at the names - do you see the difference?
"Paul Markham Teens" vs. "Perfect Gonzo"
"Paul Markham Teens" vs. "Amateur Girls Unleashed"
"Paul Markham Teens" vs. "Casting Couch X"
"Paul Markham Teens" vs. "Fake Taxi"


Get the picture yet?

Who the hell want to start their jerk-session with that name in mind?

Do you understand the concept of "customer centric experience"? You need to put the customer first every time. The customers are your surfers, your models, your partners, your affiliates... never make it about yourself.
I´d already said this...

travelling for scouting, when there are plenty of British hot women looking to enjoy first time vids in porn, it´s all about Paul, it´s something with being the one
__________________
My official porn site NatalieK.xxx Porn surfer & webmaster blog Sign up to NatalieKash

Skype: gspotproductions - "Converting your traffic into income since 2005"
GspotProductions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:38 AM   #150
thommy
Confirmed User
 
thommy's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Switzerland / Germany / Thailand
Posts: 5,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferus View Post
All those things we have been saying for the last few years; including but not limited to a hard working staff with specialists in their individual area of expertise, including people that know how to direct models, proper light, makeup, design a enticing story to the set, quality post production, run a affiliate site, generate traffic and partner up with valuable affiliates.

Top it of with financial assets to build and scale the operation, and knowledge to steer the business in the right direction before the major shifts occur.
i had opened a thread in a german forum 11 or 12 years ago with the title "spezialization and teamwork". the discussion turned into a direction where most people declared me crazy and said that they would be insane if they had to share the beautiful money they could earn all by themselves with someone.

only very few understood it at that time and these few belong today to the really big players in this market. the others chew fingernails today or are unemployed or keep themselves alive with a cheap job.

all areas that have always existed still exist today but in perfected form. and these areas have branched out into sub-areas which are subject to constant change and mutated into full-time jobs.

the one-man-show of the past is today a dying out minority. even the apparent number of people writing here doesn't give any more information about it, because in former times there were single individuals here and today there are many people writing here that have a huge team behind them.

these "invisible market participants" have made the biz much bigger, although on the surface it looks much smaller.

for example, what should my server administrators write or learn HERE? what should my designers, coders or even the administration staff do here?
nevertheless they all have to be fed and paid and are part of this business.

paul still lives in this one-man-world and interprets what he sees with the eyes of a one-man-worlder.

Of course, in the time when i was still one-man-show myself, i made more profit on my revenues. there was always 60-70% left at the end.

today my company feeds my employees and their families, buys large quantities of services and contents and the bottom line is that my personal profit today is maybe 6-8%.

nevertheless this profit today in numbers is many times higher than in the time when the profit share was 60-70%.

paul never learned to think big because he judges the world not from the summit of mount everest but from the summit of a molehill - which in itself is not so bad because the summit of mount everest doesn't offer room for everyone. the insane part is his claim that the molehill is higher than mount everest.
__________________
Open for handpicked publishers and advertisers:
www.trafficfabrik.com
thommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >

Bookmarks

Tags
content, producers, adapted, easy, amazingcontent.com, quick, afford, home, studios, staff, affiliate, opinion, programmer, failed, magazine, hard, mastered, webmaster, exclusive, paysite, business, set, website, close, online
Thread Tools




©2000-, AI Media Network Inc



Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000- Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.